I have done a previous post about the two artists I chose to make my art. I used as my medium watercolor on watercolour paper. My art is about animals habitats being destroyed by the growing world. here is the finished product.
We had to do an art inquiry at school. We had to choose two artists to use as inspiration and make a piece of art. I chose wahyu romdhoni. He is a young artist from indonesia who uses bright colours and mostly paints vector animals. despite being young he already has his own style. I also chose Lorna Simpson. She is an african-american artist who uses photography. Her art has been nominated for the Hugo Boss art award. here is some of the art that my artists do.
Last week we went on school camp to lake rotoiti. We had to be at the ferry terminal at 7:30 AM and leave at 9 AM. The ferry crossing was really smooth the whole way but still really cold! Once we got off the 3 hour long ferry crossing we had to get on a 5 hour bus ride to the lodge where we had an introduction to camp and then got straight into group initiatives! on the second day my group went on the flying kiwi, It is a flying fox type thing that lifts you up about 5 meters in the air on a pulley system which was really fun. On the thursday we went on a ay walk to the whisky falls which took us five hours! Some of the group also jumped in the lake when we walked back to the lodge. On friday we played animal survivor all around the lodge, there were a lot of injuries in that game and then we had to clean the whole lodge which sucked… I also got window cleaner in my eye… Fun. The bus ride on the way to the ferry when we left camp the bus driver put on some 80’s music and we were all clapping to it! once we got on the ferry and out of the sounds it was way rougher than the way over and a lot of people vomitted. Here is a video of the day walk!
I love photography because it is a way of using creativity and it can tell a story. I also love the feeling you get when you take a really good photo, It gives you a buzz that makes you want to keep going and take even more photos! Photography is also really easy to pick up, you just have to have a good eye that can spot out a good photo. Give it a go!
Here is some of my work.
this week I have decided to analyse this news article from dogo news. It is about California’s ‘ugliest dog competition’ which celebrates dogs imperfections. here are some video of contestants.
yeah, so some of the dogs arent the best looking but atleast they are good at something! The event actually makes people want to buy some of the unwanted dogs at the spca and give them to a better home, which is great when you think about it.
But I guess that along with this it could also make people not want to buy dogs from the spca because they would think that all of the dogs there just look like this.So think people just need to go to the SPCA and check it out and see themselves. I feel that this is a great way to advertise dogs so that people go out and buy them and they get put into a better home and a better life. Tell me what you think in the comments.
The food cart was coming down the aeroplane aisle so I took my headphones off and tapped my friend Amy on the shoulder. we got our food. after 20 minutes I had eaten all of my food and swept off the crumbs on my jersey and suddenly the engine on the wing next to me caught fire and blew up, blowing the whole wing off and sending us into a swirling motion. The yellow breathing masks dropped down in front of me. and the overhead lockers burst open and then there was luggage everywhere, violins, suitcases and lots more. the end.
I was running, they where behind me but only just, they couldn’t get me, they wouldn’t get me, I thought to myself. I kept running, as fast as I could. away from them. He wouldn’t stop, nightshade And all of his horrible terrifying friends. All coming for me, I looked back and saw them. bloodthirsty and ready to kill. But there was a knot of wood on the ground that I didn’t see until I tripped over it. My ankle was bent out of place, My foot was facing the complete wrong way. A whistle blew and everyone disappeared. Gone.
the flame flickered and then went out as the rain pelted our campsite and we knew we had to get out before it got worse and the lightning came we were too late, forks of blue energy pierced the clouds and exploded into the ground. we had to run, into the forest, leave everything, the tent, we just had to leave to safety. I sprinted through the trees but didnt see the knot of wood on the ground infront of me i stepped in it and i felt my ankle snap i fell on the ground writhing in excrutiating pain.
- How many posts did you write? I have written ten posts this year so far.
- How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge? I think all of my posts were from school or from the blogging challenge.
- How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students? I had 16 comments on my blog including overseas comments and some really weird comments from my friends!
- Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened? My ‘Donald Trump will never be president’ post, I think it was because I made it about Donald trump!
- Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why? I liked making my top ten hotels post because it was cool to see how many cool hotels there are in the world and I also got a comment from someone in Canada.
- Did you change blog themes at all and why? I started off with the same theme as last year but then when I went on my friends blogs I liked their theme so I used his.
- How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough? widgets don’t work with my theme so I don’t have any
- How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll? none.
- Which web tools did you use to show creativity on your blog? I don’t think I used any web tools.
For my mashup I decided to make brownie. I mashed it up by instead of putting normal chocolate chips in it I put white chocolate chips in. I had to split the mixture to to put the chips in or else it wouldnt have worked! Here are some photos of the finished product!
white chocolate on the bottom and normal on top.